Affordable Lending Options
FNMA - Home Ready with lower MI options, Standard 97% LTV for first-time homebuyers
Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (Wheda) - Programs allow for 3% or 5% down, lower mortgage insurance options or no mortgage insurance options. Also have a down payment assistance product for the 3% of the purchase price.
HOMEBUYER COUNSELING AND EDUCATION
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE
Home Consortium Down Payment Assistance Grant
- Ozaukee, Washington, Waukesha and Jefferson counties
- Income and purchase price limits apply
- Up to $5000 in grant money, fully forgiven at the end of 5 years as long as you stay in your home for the full 5 years.
- Home Ownership Assistance « The Home Consortium
FHLBC Down Payment Plus Grant
- Income limits apply
- Up to $6000 with borrower contribution. Fully forgiven at the end of 5 years as long as you stay in your home for the full 5 years. Minimum borrower contribution of $1000
- Down Payment Plus Fact Sheet